The Military Spouse Career Advancement Account (MyCAA) scholarship program is a workforce development scheme that gives tuition assistance to qualified military spouses. Sponsored by the Department of Defense’s (DoD) Spouse Education and Career Opportunities (SECO) program, MyCAA provides up to $4,000 tuition aid to military spouses who are pursuing a license, certification, or Associate’s degree necessary to gain employment in high demand, high growth portable career fields, and occupations. Eligible persons can use these funds at any academic institute approved for participation in the MyCAA Scholarship.
MyCAA Benefits for Military Spouses.
- Education and Training Financial Assistance: MyCAA offers maximum tuition assistance of up to $4,000 with an annual fiscal year cap of $2,000. These funds assist qualified military spouses in obtaining professional credentials needed to meet their portable career goals.
- Employment Counseling: Spouse Education and Career Opportunities (SECO) career coaches are reachable to all military spouses married to active duty military personnel of all ranks, regardless of their admissibility to receive tuition assistance and desire to pursue professional credentials. Counseling services help military spouses find other sources of local, state, and federal financial assistance, necessary support resources and expanded career choices and opportunities.
- Career Services and Employment Assistance: Referrals of MyCAA spouse participants ready to seek gainful employment are made to networks of military-friendly employers, after the completion of their programs of study using the MyCAA funding. Examples of military-friendly employers include; USAJOBS.gov, Military Spouse Employment Partnership, and CareerOneStop.org.
MyCAA Approved Career Fields.
The military Spouse Career Advancement Account Scholarship Program offers a hand full of approved skilled trades or career fields. These career fields include:
- Business, Finance, and Administration
- Health and Human Services
- Information Technology
The following are approved career fields for the MyCAA program. All career fields already have approved technical institutions or schools with more being routinely added.
For more information, contact an Education and Career Representative at 1.800.511.2284 on Monday through Friday from 8 AM-5 PM EST. You can also reach out through [email protected] and a representative will reach back out to you ASAP.