MyCAA ELIGIBILITY AND HOW TO APPLY FOR THE MyCAA SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
The MyCAA scholarship program pays tuition assistance to eligible military spouses for education, training courses, and examinations leading to an associate degree. It covers the costs of obtaining a certificate, license, or certification at an accredited technical school, college, or university in the United States. Approved testing organizations that expand portable career opportunities and/or employment for military spouses are included for funds spending. Qualified applicants for the MyCAA scholarship program are entitled to the following.
- $4,000 tuition assistance for a new career training
- A free laptop at no additional cost
- Career development assistance
Military Spouse Eligibility.
Eligible persons or spouses for the MyCAA scholarship program are spouses of active duty service members in pay grades 0-1 to 0-2, W-1 to W-2, and E-1 to E-5. They need to start and complete their coursework while their soldierly sponsors are still on active duty. Spouses married to service members of the National Guard and reserve component in same pay grades if found on Title 10 orders are eligible.
If the military personnel gets a promotion to a rank that makes his or her spouse ineligible, the military spouse will remain qualified as long as he or she has an already approved training plan before the promotion.
How to Apply for the MyCAA Scholarship.
As a qualified military spouse, here are a few steps you need to follow in applying for your MyCAA Scholarship.
- Create a free Military Spouse Career Account by visiting the MyCAA website.
- Explore our approved skilled trades and licensure programs
- Receive an Education Training Plan with a MedCertify admissions or career coach. Ensure to include all potential courses in the Education Training Plan (ETP) because once submitted there are no changes or edits possible.
- Work with your MedCertify school admissions advisor to ensure successful completion of your application process.
- Apply for your MyCAA tuition assistance.